No Mess, No Fuss Luggage From Your Ship to Your Home Airport
How sweet would it be, at the end of your cruise, to have one more major dose of pampering? To disembark without having to look at the overwhelming sea of luggage (pun intended) to find yours and then push/carry/drag it out to your transportation. Repeating the luggage wresting through the airport as you stand in the check-in line?
From some ports, depending upon your airline, destination airport and flight time, you can have that service for as little as $20-25 per person. That covers up to three bags.
It really is sweet! I’ve done it from Fort Lauderdale twice. Other airports from which the service is offered include Anchorage (Seward), Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Port Canaveral and Seattle.
I was a bit nervous the first time. The “control freak” in me was distrustful that my luggage would really show up at Philadelphia airport. Then again, it’s gone missing when I’ve done the more “traditional” route handling my luggage so I don’t know why I was concerned. Besides, it’s much easier when an airline loses your luggage after your vacation than when you are at the start of it. Trust me…. I’ve had it happen both ways.
But my luggage has shown up in Philly each time. And the ease the service added to my day was well worth what I paid.
If this is offered from your disembarkation port, your cruise line will put a form in your cabin during the early part of your cruise.
This is all about convenience. Here’s what you’ll get if you sign up:
- Any applicable baggage fee by your airline will be conveniently charged to your cabin.
- The service will check you in for your flight saving you from standing in line at the airport.
- The cruise line will provide your boarding pass to you.
- Your luggage will be whisked away on your last night and meet back up with you at your destination baggage claim.
- You’ll be one of the early guests to disembark saving you the crowds in the public rooms.
- You won’t have to search for your luggage in a sea of bags (bad pun intended) in the terminal.
- Relax, unencumbered except for any carry-on bag you keep with you.
All you need to do is complete and return the form before the deadline mentioned on it. And affix the special luggage tags you’ll receive to your bags before putting them outside your door the last night of the cruise.
In a near future blog, I’ll share with you how Seattle takes this up a notch. Hard to believe it’s possible, but you’ll want to take advantage if you’re cruising from there. Stay tuned!